Q2 | books of 2018
007. the year of magical thinking / joan didion.
not what i thought it would be. (didn't actually know what it was.)
accidentally the second book i've read about grief this year.
008. 100 days to brave / annie f. downs.
at first, i wasn't sure i wanted to read this at all.
it ended up being the only daily devotional i've ever finished.
009. walking on water / madeleine l'engle.
if you're curious about what it is to be creative.
if you've ever labeled art as either "christian" or "secular."
010. tell me three things / julie buxbaum.
if you liked what to say next or enjoy YA fiction in general.
if you're looking for some real high school nostalgia.
011. fangirl / rainbow rowell.
a super easy and fun read, especially if you spend a lot of time holding sleeping babies. not my favorite YA book i've read.
012. redeeming love / francine rivers.
i loved this story so much, and the experience i had reading it.
it felt like God's love was radiating off the page.
013. tailor made / alex seeley.
one of those books i think everyone needs to read. let me know if you want me to send you a copy. (mostly not kidding?)
014. and david perceived he was king / dale l. mast.
coincidentally read alongside tailor made, which was a double dose of much-needed identity truths. such a good read.
017. a wrinkle in time / madeleine l'engle.
one of those didn't read it in high school books.
one of those read it in a day books.
016. come matter here / hannah brencher.
always love hearing stories and insight from hb.
i thought the second half was better than the first half.
017. the art of memoir / mary karr.
round two with this one.
for anyone writing a memoir.