- wake up super early and make sure that you park your truck in a prime watching spot so that you can save your spot for when you come back when the race starts and so that you can have a place to sit while watching. (thankfully the leamy's have this system all worked out nicely.)
- dress appropriately for the weather. make sure your outfit includes multiple layers and multiple pairs of socks, a hat, mittens or gloves, and a scarf. note: this is one of these times where you may need to sacrifice fashion for warmth.
- bring blankets.
- make sure that as you watch, you're looking up the street a little bit. trying to look at all the runners going by right in front of you will make you dizzy.
- clap and cheer for the runners so that they feel encouraged to keep going. if you eventually get tired of clapping or cheering, it's okay to take a little break, but remember that it's the least you can do since you're not running.
- take pictures of the runners who have neat costumes.
- yell for the people you know personally and make sure you use last names, otherwise they won't hear you or realize you're yelling to them.
also, a little something i like to do for fun while i watch is point out all the reasons why i like watching more than i would like running. but that's a post for another day.
i hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving!